I have always been a big fan of Salman Khan: Zarine Khan


“I have always been a big fan of Salman Khan.” -Zarine Khan


Q: How was it working with Salman Khan in Veer?

A: Oh, it was a dream comes true for me. I have always been a big fan of Salman Khan. Even, while working on Veer, Salman Khan has been a really wonderful co-star. He has helped me whenever I was in need. He's not only my co-star but a mentor too

here was also a time when you were criticized for your looks and some people started calling you 'Fat-Kat'. Did that affect you then?
(Smiles) Well, no, there was no effect of that entire episode on my life. Before my modelling days, I used to weigh more than 100 kilos and I had to really work hard to look like a model and lose weight. But for Veer, again I was asked to put on weight. So, I never took the criticism seriously.

Do you have a filmy background, given the relative ease with which you made your Bollywood debut opposite Salman Khan?
I have no filmy connections at all. I was modelling because I had to sustain my family. I consider modelling as my destiny and it was like I hit a jackpot that such a big film was offered to me (smiles).

Is this where you always wanted to be?
No, I was a very bright student and it was my desire to serve the society as a doctor, but unfortunately, because of some personal reasons I had drop those plans. Destiny had something else in store for me, and I'm here now.

How was it working with Salman Khan in Veer?
Oh, it was a dream comes true for me. I have always been a big fan of Salman Khan. Even, while working on Veer, Salman Khan has been a really wonderful co-star. He has helped me whenever I was in need. He's not only my co-star but a mentor too.

Any filmmakers in particular you want to work with in the future?
Well there are lots of directors with whom I want to work. But I will be very happy if I get a chance to work with Rajkumar Hirani, Yashraj, Sanjay Leela Bhansali and David Dhawan.

Popular posts from this blog